- Sunburn prevention:The use of sunscreen is recommended in children 6 months and older applied before leaving home and re-applied every 2 hours. Use sunscreen every day before going outdoors. Avoid the hours with the highest UV light exposure between 11:00 am & 4:00 pm. Wear appropriate clothing.
- Prevent heat exhaustion: Drink a lot of water before, during, and after sports. Avoid playing sports or jogging while the temperature is high. Check the temperature on the Weather Channel.
- Prevent Lyme disease/Tick bites: Use insect repellent on your clothing only. Wear a hat and cover your arms and legs. Wear light colored clothing and enclosed shoes or boots. Lyme season goes from April through October. Additional information: www.cdc.gov/Lyme
- Make an appointment to review ADHD medication(s).
- Evaluations of sports related head concussions are important!
- Remember to schedule your appointment to follow up on allergy symptoms.